*Pinch* App (“*Pinch*”) understands that personal information and the way that it’s used and/or shared is important to you. Rest assured, we take this seriously.
We offer a number of services that do not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information to us. In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide – When you sign up for a *Pinch* Account or other promotion that requires registration, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address and an account password). For certain services, we may also request address book and/or other payment account information, which we maintain in encrypted form on secure servers. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
- User communications – When you send messages or other communications through *Pinch*, we may retain those communications in order to provide you the best service, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Location data – *Pinch* offers location-enabled services, such as Places. If you use those services, Pinch may receive information about your actual location (such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device), which can be controlled through privacy settings.
- Providing our services, including the display of customized content and advertising;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network;
- Protecting the rights or property of Pinch or our users; and
- Developing new services.
When you sign up for a particular service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services, in which case Pinch may not be able to provide those services to you.
*Pinch* only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Pinch in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Pinch, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who searched for a particular term, for example, or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify you individually.
Please contact us at the address below for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to *Pinch* employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.